I’m a day late but I still want to welcome JUNE! 🙂
Today is the official start of classes for most so students please study hard for this one more academic year! I can still remember the feeling I get every first day of class. Haha. I get nervous and excited at the same time just like everyone else, it feels like you have flying butterflies inside your stomach with their fluttering wings bumping the walls of your tummy. Oooh, goosebumps. I missed school a lot. But anyway, this post is not about school. It’s more of the realization of how fast time is flying. Can you believe it? We’re already half way through 2014. It seems like it was only yesterday when the first day of January came. It’s pretty scary when you think about it, right? It’s scary to look back and find yourself not accomplishing anything and realizing that all these past months have become just a waste of time.
And now just like what I’ve been doing, I would reminisce these past few months and think of the things I have accomplished, so far. 🙂
- I made a lot of new friends! I’m so happy I was able to meet a lot of new people. You know I am always excited to go in new places and meet new people. Of course, my girl friends are increasing in number but what I am particularly happy about is that I have met quite a lot of new guy friends, too. Having boys as friends is a good thing. It trashes the idea that girls are from Venus and men are from Mars. I like talking to them! I mean, they are so direct to the point and they actually mean what they say. It’s nice to see things from a different perspective (that is, a boy’s point of view) and compare it with yours as a girl. But I would still say that girls are smarter. Hahaha. Girls can actually just talk for hours nonstop. I LOVE MY FRIENDS, BOTH THE OLD AND THE NEW. They’re from far places but being a brother/sister in faith makes it possible for us to get along easily.
- I think I am slowly becoming the person that I wanted to be. I am not there yet, but I know I am getting there and I will get there. I have always lived by the saying “Be the person that you are looking for” and I think my labors are not in vain. There are times that I lose my grip, but I have grown up a lot especially this year. I learned how to never lose patience and hope. I have been keeping my faith strong even after all the thunderstorms I have been facing. I have always kept Jehovah by my side through all this time and I am happy. I learned how to say sorry even if I believe I did nothing wrong just for the sake of maintaining peace. I am trying to be more responsible and matured but retaining the jolliness and bubbliness every time. I’m still severely flawed but I am working on it and it bring me so much joy just because I’m trying to change my negative qualities. I won’t ever give up on myself and on anyone else.
- I am improving as a writer. Hehehe. 😛 I have been creating a lot of compositions lately and I think I’m successful in achieving my goal as a trying hard/feeling writer. I have always wanted to have an effect on my readers, I wanted them to feel what I want them to feel. I wanted them to think that I am feeling that certain emotion that was engraved and carved on my works. I feel like a winner every time somebody reacts because my goal has been fulfilled. \:D/
- I am learning how to take good pictures. Well, as of now, I still suck at it but there’s been improvement and progress is still progress no matter how small it is.
- My personal study has also been improving. I still have to work on it but I think the fact that I always allot time to read the bible and say well-thought-of prayers is already good news.
- I have been closer to my family. I never thought this time would come so early in our lives. I mean I basically just enjoy talking to my siblings and sharing bits and pieces of our lives with one another. My niece, Saiorse, has been a contributing factor to that. We all love being aunts and uncles, especially my parents being lolo and lola. Ohana for lifeee. ♥
That’s all I have for now. I hope you too can spare some of your time and look back to the first five months of 2014. Let’s all do our best to continue our progress until the end of this year and never ever, ever, ever give up! Though the rainy season is coming, always remember that the sun shines every day and today is never too late to be brand new.